Mindstream Interactive is a fully integrated customer experience agency with roots deep in digital marketing. Based in Columbus, Ohio, we work with amazing clients across the U.S. and Canada. Creating meaningful brand interactions is never far from our thoughts, nor are the virtues of learning and innovation. We are looking for a Designer to join our growing team.
Designers at Mindstream Interactive are part of a cross-disciplinary team responsible for crafting exceptional brand experiences. Equal parts imaginative and analytical, they possess quick creative thinking abilities paired with strong attention to detail. They are confident, yet adaptable. They produce work that is beautiful, yet usable. They are masters of balance.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for leading, coaching, and collaborating with project teams from ideation through execution.
We expect this role to be ready to jump into current projects, help to grow existing client relationships and fuel new business.
Job Functions of the Designer:
- Translate business strategies into creative opportunities
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and contribute ideation around posts, photos, videos, infographics and all forms of media
- Support in the development of concepts to communicate ideas effectively
- Determine style and structure of content based on channel specs and brand considerations
- Exceptional use of design principles: layout, typography, color theory, etc.
- Ensure quality and consistency across design outputs
- Seek constructive criticism and incorporate feedback as a part of your process
- Provide feedback to others and direct a team of designers, copywriters, and freelancers
- Have a passion for technology and awareness of emerging trends/best practices
- Cross-collaborate with: design, UX, strategy, front-end and back-end development, project management & account service
- Strong, impressive portfolio
- 2+ years of hands-on practice creating impressive digital brand experiences, agency experience preferred
- Solid working knowledge of the latest versions of Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience
- Strong grasp of higher-fidelity asset development as it applies to photography and video within a digital property
- Experience working within a collaborative team of designers and writers
- Ability to multi-task and solve challenges
- Mindful of project timelines, client budgets, etc.
- Great attitude; self-motivated; professional demeanor
- Excellent and transparent communication style, both written and verbal
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of web trends and technologies, including familiarity with: social, SEO and usability, as well as traditional advertising practices