An Associate Analyst is committed to helping evaluate success across a variety of touchpoints, and in so doing supports the business needs of the agency and its clients by determining if customer experiences of varying scopes and scale are performing against objectives. The analysis and resulting deliverables will assist a multi-dimensional team with optimizing a variety of user experiences to meet business goals.
This highly integrated role will also be responsible for consulting with a cross-functional team with the aim of improving business strategies and demonstrating results for clients. Success in this role greatly depends on his/her ability to analyze results, provide actionable insights and build collaborative working relationships within the agency and with clients.
An Associate Analyst will work with a multi-channel digital team including SEO, social, paid, display and email, but will also be asked to regularly collaborate with an extended team of account services, web developers and clients in order to fulfill his or her duties.
Typical activities and deliverables will include:
- Responsible for tracking and reporting business results across website and multiple digital channels.
- Produce meaningful marketing key performance indicator (KPI) dashboards and deliver cross-channel performance reports with actionable insights.
- Work with cross-functional team to identify objectives and advise team on suitable measurement strategies
- Use methodical performance analysis to influence/support campaign plans and website development
- Analyze online channel performance, user behavior, conversion data and customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution.
- Perform ad-hoc analytics and conversion optimization consultancies across teams and influence optimization strategies with solid analytical data
- Set up A/B and multivariate testing and translate results to actionable business insights
- Identifying and organizing analytics/reporting requirements from multiple sources including core and extended team, as well as client stakeholders
- Assist in point of view formulation around attribution model reporting for marketing campaigns
- Supporting maintenance of the agency’s analytics’ vendor evaluations, including up-to-date assessments of vendors and their offerings
- Occasional support in presentation of new vendor capabilities to internal and client stakeholders
On-the-job training will be provided to fill gaps in skillset and ensure growth over time. With that said, the qualified candidate will meet as many of the following preferred skillset requirements as possible.:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, analytics, statistics, finance or related field
- 1-3+ Years of Experience (in strategy, analytics or related field(s))
- Insatiable desire to learn and constantly extend his or her personal skillset.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Success working in fast-paced environment with ability to identify resources needed and reprioritize project tasks while meeting deadlines and goals.
- Ability to use analytical logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem.
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated success relaying analytics insights to internal and external stakeholders with various levels of analytical and digital knowledge.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of strong analytical, problem solving, and data manipulation skills and experience, the ability to synthesize analytic findings into actionable strategic recommendations, and experience in interactive/digital marketing
- Recognizes the connection between the business operations and analytics to influence business strategies and solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present data analysis to internal stakeholders regularly, and clients occasionally.
- Strong data visualization and proficiency with advanced Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint
Proficient knowledge of:
- Digital campaign and website performance measurement
- The web development process
- Marketing funnels and conversion models.
- Leading web analytics packages (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Google Tag Manager
- Email metrics
- Native social Insights (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
Knowledge of the following are preferred, but not required:
- Experience using digital analytics and reporting tools such as Data Studio, Tableau, Domo or other BI tools, also social media management tools or social analytics tools
- Programmatic media planning, buying and/or measurement
- Data visualization and data storytelling
- Multi-channel attribution models
- Benchmark development
- Experience with SQL, SAS, Matlab, R, or other programming language is a plus