250 West Street Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43215
The Account Services Manager is responsible for managing many projects for multiple brands. The Manager’s responsibilities are twofold – (1) serves as an advocate for the client and is responsible for helping drive the client’s business and (2) is responsible for project management. A successful candidate will also have the ability to effectively drive a technical project team to success despite project ambiguity.
- Advocates the client's point of view in internal meetings and balances it with the needs of the team.
- Responsible for the consistent successful facilitation of a project from estimation through launch and maintenance.
- Central point of contact regarding the estimation process; utilizes subject matter experts and discipline leads to determine estimate.
- Takes ownership of the facilitation and creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks. Works with subject matter experts to determine deliverables and tasks.
- Along with the discipline leads, the Manager is responsible for ensuring resources (staff) are assigned and allocated appropriately to the project plan throughout the life of the project; works through resource issues as they arise with the client or practice team leads; takes ownership of the internal resource allocation tool and process to ensure accuracy.
- Partners with internal teams to prepare for and execute the project kickoff meeting.
- Ownership and facilitation of internal and client project status meetings.
- Collaborate with the project team to identify and analyze risks and determine mitigation plans.
- Owns the project change control process to facilitate all deliverables as defined in the change control process. Makes recommendations to account team on how to communicate the change control to the client. Partners with account team to present change control to the client, if needed.
- Accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing client or practice team lead of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise on the project and makes recommendations on how to proceed.
- Responsible for the project deliverable and project completion sign-off from the client.
- Drive towards successful completion of the agreed upon project deliverables within scope, time and budget with quality while consistently exceeding client expectations.
- Champions and consistently employs, improves and shares account management processes, standards, templates and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of proven project leadership experience on small to medium size and moderately complex web projects within an interactive agency or department
- Is willing and eager to help out in any way with a "can do" attitude
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present information in verbal, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from the internal team to client executives
- Able to work independently
- Ability to balance the demands of a variety of clients and readily readjust priorities in response to pressing and changing client requests
- Deals effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position
- Knowledge of project management concepts, methodologies and tools
- Understanding of the role of QA processes in the overall project success
- Ability to work collaboratively in creative and technical environments while keeping projects on schedule and within budgeted allowance
- Ability to lead well under pressure and to lead a project team to ensure deadlines and budget are met while exceeding clients’ expectations
- Ability to effectively create project plans based on the needs of the project
- Ability to tailor communications approach based on the situation
- Must possess excellent decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation
- Must be self-motivated and have strong effective problem-solving skills
- Experience communicating directly with clients
- Experience with and working knowledge of Microsoft Project (or similar project management tool), PowerPoint and Excel
- Having working knowledge of Content Management System(s) is a plus, but not required