Mindstream Interactive is a fully integrated customer experience agency with roots deep in digital marketing. Based in Columbus, Ohio, we work with amazing clients across the U.S. and Canada. Creating meaningful brand interactions is never far from our thoughts, nor are the virtues of learning and innovation. We are looking for a Sr. SEO Specialist to join our growing team.
The Sr. SEO Specialist will ensure organic search is a core consideration and focus in campaigns, website redesigns, ongoing maintenance retainers and other integrated projects that steer recommendations for digital and social content creation and experience development.
The role is part of a team of specialists who interact with a multi-functional team to ensure Mindstream delivers on the best possible Customer Experience for its clients and their customers.
This role is highly analytical and detail-oriented. This person must be comfortable meeting and presenting with and to clients. The Search Specialist will be considered a key production contributor for multiple client projects at once and may be asked to act in a lead capacity for clients over time. Over time, the Sr. SEO Specialist will become a go-to expert for a wide range of SEO-related activities, projects and initiatives.
The Sr. SEO Specialist will work primarily with Strategists, Analysts, UX Architects, Copywriters and Social Content creators, but will also be asked to regularly collaborate with an extended team of Social Media Specialists, Account Service Managers and Web Developers in order to fulfill his or her duties.
Typical activities and deliverables will include:
- Audit client's sites through a technical, content and off-site lens to ensure that they consistently adhere to SEO best practices
- Conduct ongoing keyword research to apply a customer-first lens to marketing and merchandising strategies and product content; use these insights to support integrated strategic recommendations across clients’ digital ecosystems
- Create short- and long-term SEO recommendations for clients, based on an overarching strategy, that incorporate keyword findings, content recommendations, site structure updates as needed, and or technical enhancements
- Develop and report out on search performance on an ongoing basis
- Ensure alignment between paid search and natural search strategies
- Monitor search tools to identify site issues and collaborate with technology to resolve defects
- Partner with analytics team to monitor, track and report on search KPI's, overall performance and trends
- Partner with social team to support social listening efforts by way of organic search insights
- Advise working teams on which content types to explore to maximize clients' search rankings
- Provide training to others in the organization on issues important to SEO
- Constantly monitor and communicate changes in industry trends and search engine algorithms to the organization, including up-to-date search marketing considerations related ADA compliance as required
- Collaborate with Practice Leads to define and roll out ongoing updates to the overall search marketing offering
A working knowledge of social and/or digital media strategy and storytelling through analytics would be valuable but is not required.
The qualified candidate will meet as many of the following preferred skillset requirements as possible, with the understanding that on-the-job training will be provided to round out the candidate’s skillset if necessary:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, MIS, Journalism, Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in SEO (SEM experience will also be considered)
- Proficient knowledge of technical, content and off-site SEO best practices
- Working knowledge of eCommerce best practices
- Understanding of Google Analytics and similar analytics platforms, and how to use insights from them to inform SEO recommendations
- Proficient knowledge of the web development process and fundamentals of digital marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, including capability to balance competing priorities in fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving mindset with high attention to detail
- Able to effectively operate and complete complex tasks with oversight
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate across multiple disciplines to accomplish a common goal
- Agency experience a plus
- Ability to utilize metrics/analytics to identify operational opportunities preferred
- Proven track record of successfully presenting search data and recommendations to clients in an approachable, expert way a plus