At Mindstream, our Senior Strategists thrive at the intersection of business goals and customer needs.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy, Senior Strategists act as the agency’s integrated strategic leads for a portfolio of clients. In this capacity, the Senior Strategist is expected to unlock meaningful insights to drive client planning, ongoing project assignments and new business efforts, resulting in products and campaign plans that add value to the customer experience while accomplishing business goals.
The Senior Strategist studies and impacts the entire customer journey, actively collaborating with counterparts from a multi-disciplinary team that spans Creative, Social, User Experience and Technology, to shape short-term plans and long-term roadmaps that are forward-thinking and focused on solving big problems with big ideas.
The Senior Strategist would be considered a lead producer for multiple clients at the same time and can expect to have the opportunity to contribute to the agency’s thought leadership platforms, as well as the ongoing evolution of the Strategy practice.
A Senior Strategist will ideally have experience across multiple skillsets, including insight development, brand planning and digital strategy or individual touch points (i.e. Email, Web, CRM, etc.).
Typical activities and deliverables will include:
- Acting as the agency’s day-to-day strategic lead, including ensuring the agency’s recommendations are in line with customer and market trends, while also being in line with client business goals.
- Drive the agency’s Immerse phase on project engagements, which merges brand objectives with right-fit research approaches to uncover insights that fuel the agency’s strategic, creative and technology recommendations.
- Lead campaign planning and communications strategies, spanning multiple customer touchpoints, including beyond digital.
- Document business strategy and requirements for our clients, grounded in data from primary and secondary sources and including original frameworks and revenue modeling
- Develop and present holistic strategic plans and deliverables for clients, including insight development, channel/touch point strategies and long-term roadmap development for digital ecosystem investment.
- Contribute to the agency’s thought leadership agenda via internal education presentations, external blog posts, conference presentations and/or professional organization participation.
- Provide strategic input to and feedback on UX Planning, analytics, social and creative deliverables.
- Actively participate in Customer and UX research and testing, in conjunction with a multi-functional team.
- Write and present Experience Briefs, the key document that serves to move a project from strategic planning into definition phase
The ideal candidate will have a hunger to continually build her or his knowledge across many touch points to expand fully-integrated capabilities. Qualified candidates will meet as many of the following preferred skillset requirements as possible, with the understanding that on-the-job training will be provided to round out the candidate’s skillset if necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or related field.
- 5+ Years of Experience (3+ Strategy Specific & 2+ Industry Specific) in strategy, account planning, research and insights or related field(s) – agency experience across multiple verticals preferred.
- Proven ability to translate inputs from multiple sources and teams into broader-reaching insights and forward-leaning roadmaps and plans.
- Proven ability to articulate potential solutions along the Customer Journey to resolve key roadblocks, maximize moments of truth and engage or activate customers along the way.
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and align business objectives across organizations with multiple interested stakeholders, often with competing agendas.
- Proven ability to act as the strategic driver of integrated/omnichannel campaigns.
- Deep expertise in at least one area of emphasis or channel (i.e. Websites, Email, Loyalty, CRM, Content Marketing, Marketing Automation, etc.) with an openness to expanding this knowledge set.
- Expert research capabilities and strong analytical skills, including the ability to draw insights from patterns seen in data.
- Proven ability to draw connections and drive insights across business models, customer mindsets and frames of reference.
- Expert knowledge of marketing strategy, including digital experience and media planning.
- Excellent verbal communication and proficient public presentation skills with an openness to coaching.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written communication skills, including ability to create original presentations.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including expert Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Working familiarity with the output of leading web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture) and social insights platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Brandwatch/Crimson Hexagon, etc.).
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and collaborate with and/or oversee members of a team.
- Proven commitment to uncovering and socializing industry trends and developments.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects at once, set priorities and communicate them effectively.